Sunday, December 9, 2012

Final update

I presented my thesis on Thursday, and it went quite well.  Of the few professors who showed up, they all seemed quite engaged with the idea.  At any rate, there was certainly a fair bit of scholarly discussion after my presentation.  My advisor complimented me on my presentation and encouraged me to bring it to a conference.  Will do!  That is currently next on my agenda; I have submitted to a few conferences for consideration.  Though the idea mildly terrifies me, I do hope to add a conference to my CV soon.

I hope to continue more YA research and get a few publications to my name -- we'll see.  The final list of YA texts I either cited or referenced:

  1. Alexie, Sherman. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2007. Print.
  2. Anderson, Laurie Halse. Speak. New York: Speak-Penguin, 1999. Print.
  3. Anderson, M.T. Feed.  Cambridge, Mass.: Candlewick Press, 2002. Print.
  4. Asher, Jay. Thirteen Reasons Why. New York: Razorbill, 2007. Print.
  5. Chambers, Aidan. Postcards from No Man’s Land. New York: Speak-Penguin, 1999. Print.
  6. Chbosky, Stephen.  The Perks of Being a Wallflower. New York: MTVBooks/PocketBooks-Simon&Schuster, 1999. Print.
  7. Collins, Suzanne. The Hunger Games. New York, Scholastic P, 2008. Print.
  8. Dowd, Siobhan. Bog Child. New York: David Fickling Books, 2008. Print.
  9. Green, John. Looking for Alaska. New York: Dutton Books, 2005. Print.
  10. Green, John and David Levithan. Will Grayson, Will Grayson. New York: Dutton-Penguin, 2010. Print.
  11. Hopkins, Ellen. Crank. New York: Simon Pulse-Simon&Schuster, 2004. Print.
  12. ---. Impulse. New York: Margaret K. McElderry-Simon&Schuster, 2007. Print.
  13. Johnson, Angela. The First Part Last. New York: Simon&Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2003. Print.
  14. Lockhart, E. The Boyfriend List. New York: Delacorte Press, 2005. Print.
  15. Marchetta, Melina. Jellicoe Road. New York: HarperTeen-HarperCollins, 2006. Print.
  16. Myers, Walter Dean. Monster. New York: HarperTempest-HarperCollins, 1999. Print.
  17. Roth, Veronica. Divergent. New York: Katherine Tegen Books-HarperCollins, 2011. Print.
  18. Rowling, J.K. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. New York: Arthur A. Levine Books-Scholastic P, 1997. Print.
  19. Spinelli, Jerry. Stargirl. New York: Alfred  A. Knopf, 2000. Print.
  20. Westerfeld, Scott. Uglies. New York: Simon Pulse, 2005. Print.
  21. Wiess, Laura. Such a Pretty Girl. New York: MTVBooks/Pocket Books, 2007. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment