Friday, November 16, 2012

Update on my update

Last time I brought you a brief update of my thesis & YAL applied thus far.  The list has grown considerably!  Monster and John Green are my primary go-tos, but I've tried to include a nice broad sampling.  So far, my Works Consulted looks like this:


Anderson, Laurie Halse. Speak.
Anderson, M.T. Feed
Collins, Suzanne. The Hunger Games. 
Dowd, Siobhan. Bog Child
Green, John and David Levithan. Will Grayson, Will Grayson.
Hopkins, Ellen. Crank. 
Hopkins, Ellen. Impulse.
Johnson, Angela. The First Part Last. 
Marchetta, Melina. Jellicoe Road.
Myers, Walter Dean. Monster.
Roth, Veronica. Divergent.
Spinelli, Jerry. Stargirl.
Westerfeld, Scott. Uglies.
Wiess, Laura. Such a Pretty Girl.

Some of them are actually on my Works Cited; some others are just referred to as representing a certain characteristic/theme/ideology.  I finished Jellicoe Road (which was fantastic. I wish I hadn't waited so long to read it!) and then managed to squeeze a reading of Divergent in there last week (LOVE, by the way!).  I still want to try and read Ship Breaker by the end of Thanksgiving break and see if I can squeeze it in the paper.  It has been so fun to talk about these great texts.  I'm encouraged by the fact that when I tell people what my topic is, they are all genuinely interested and curious.  They get this look where I can see the idea strikes them as unusual...but that there's something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment