Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thesis update

I'm working on my thesis, due at the end of this semester (crazy!), and I get to incorporate young adult literature as I try to legitimize it using Romantic principles.  It's been so fun digging into some great YA lit again.  Sometimes, when I get enough distance, I would start to doubt whether or not I am just a little blinded.  Is there really YA good enough for this or am I just wishing there were?  As I crack open these books and dive into them again, I breathe a sigh of relief to realize there definitely is.  So far I've used:

Monster by Walter Dean Myers
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
Postcards from No Man's Land by Aidan Chambers

and there will be more to come!  I'm reading Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (a long time coming) in hopes of applying that as well.  I'd also like to finish Ship Breaker, Tamar, and/or House of the Scorpion to work them in, too.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Jellicoe Road! I have a wildly inappropriate crush on Jonah Griggs.

    ReplyDelete