Tuesday, January 10, 2012

stop the voices

How do you handle educational chatter?  Politicians, bureaucracy,  rhetoric...I just can't always deal with it.  When I was working, I mostly kept my head down and kept my attention on the kids & my lessons.  Now I hear all that hot air, and I have a harder time grappling with it.  Mostly I try to ignore it (as healthy as that may be).  Because if I think about it too much, I get absolutely distraught and wonder whether I really do want to return to the mainstream HS classroom.  I despair over the state of education, and I begin brainstorming ways to "have my cake & eat it too" when it comes to possible teaching positions.

How do you deal with it?


2 comments:

  1. Honestly most of the time I just ignore it. I hate politics and even more so educational politics. I just walk away if possible. It's bitchy but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I sometimes feel like if I'm a responsible professional, I should be up on all the changes, news, etc. But it's just so emotionally exhausting. Self-preservation.

    ReplyDelete