Monday, June 20, 2011

Scheduling

If you had to choose between Caribbean Literature and History of the Book, which would you choose?  Caribbean Literature would include authors such as Julia Alvarez, V.S.Naipaul, Junot Diaz -- authors I (er, you) have heard of but never read.  History of the Book will not only trace the invention of the book from early manuscripts through Google Book and other digital forms, but it will also discuss the many roles involved in book-making, from author to seller.

Let's completely discount scheduling issues.  Which would you choose?

3 comments:

  1. Are you planning to teach this text or read it for your own enrichment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. History of the Book sounds really fascinating! Take that one and then tell me all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd get to practice my craft more in the Caribe Lit class, but HotB sounds interesting, if a bit thin -- what's the purpose of the course? What do you expect to get out of it, and how will you use it?

    Still, it's intriguing. I love history and literature. So I am completely unhelpful.

    ReplyDelete