Friday, January 22, 2010

Progressive Survey #13

#13. Sharing resources - fee or free?

I think we should share & swap for free. Yeah, I know, teachers should get paid for their hard work, since they're obviously not getting paid enough in the first place. But I just think of all the innumerable resources I gleaned from my fellow colleagues my first year and how utterly lost I would have been without their helpful suggestions, lessons, or activities. I guess I think of all of us teachers in "it" together, and so why shouldn't we help out a fellow educator? We've all been there - we've all needed the ideas to freshen things up or just get things started. I just feel too strong a camaraderie with other teachers to feel comfortable charging them for my resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment