Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another free book?! Ye, gods!

Whew, where have I been? you've been waiting on pins & needles for this moment: without further ado, I will finally wrap up that summer reading contest! You all suggested books for me to read, and read 'em I did! I enjoyed picking up some books I would never have heard of otherwise. Feel free to friend me on Goodreads.com if you haven't done so already.

Here are my oh so brilliant observations on each book:

1. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld (since 2 people suggested this to me, I added it on to the top 5)
2. Marked - P.C. Cast
3. The View from Saturday - E.L. Konigsburg
4. Peace Like A River - Leif Enger
5. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
6. Inkheart - Cornelia Funke

I really enjoyed all of the books and had a hard time picking a favorite for the giveaway. But as I narrowed down the list, this one just REALLY stood out to me. Mostly, I think, because it's one that I probably wouldn't have picked up at all, but was just completely blown away by as I read. And it was *drumroll*...






Peace like a River by Leif Enger! A big thanks to cupcake for the suggestion. And I have a lovely hardback copy for a lucky winner. How will you get it? Read on, oh Impatient One.

We're just wrapping up Antigone in class, and when checking my online database (portaportal.com), I realized there was a fun online quiz I had forgotten! Maybe I can get a homework assignment out of it this week. Have I shown you this before? I stole this idea from a co-worker: online personality quizzes! The kids are taking them all the time on Facebook/Myspace, anyway...why not tap into something academic? You can make any kind of quiz yourself and it can take awhile, but it lasts.
So here's the deal.

You take the quiz and comment. From your comments, I will select a random winner. Contest open until 11:59pm pacific time Monday.

Oedipus Personality Quiz

2 comments:

  1. Tiresias

    elizabeth
    Go ahead and say it..."I told you so!" You're pretty much always right, and boy does victory taste sweet! You may suffer some other handicap as a result of your awesome genius, but that's okay. You'll get the last laugh. Even if someone makes fun of you, you still get to say, "I told you so!"

    haha... I don't have any idea who this is! I haven't read Oepipus since high school! =)
    Also, why did you choose this book as your favorite? Would you recommend it to others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I was Jocasta, super creepy. I thought the quiz was interesting, but I find it was too specific in some catagories, making it hard to pick one I related to. Still fun though!

    Are you planning on reading the rest of the Uglies series or Inkheart series?

    ReplyDelete